Apple Rosemary Cornish Game Hens
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking
Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1-1 3/4 pound Cornish game hen, halved lengthwise
2-3 apples, peeled and diced
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup honey
2 twigs fresh rosemary, left whole
sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sauce: combine the apples, honey, apple juice, curry and rosemary twigs in saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently, blending all ingredients and bring to boil.
3. Decrease heat to low, cover saucepan and simmer, stirring frequently, until the apple pieces are soft. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
4. To prepare the hen: Rinse the halves and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the hen with rosemary twigs underneath, skin side up, on a foil covered baking sheet. Cover each hen half with sauce, coating generously.
5. Roast hen halves until golden and juices run clear, about 25 minutes.
6. Add juice from roasting to the sauce and bring to boil once again, then reduce and simmer for about 3 minutes, allowing it to thicken.
7. Transfer hen to plates. Serve with sauce and use rosemary twigs as a garnish.