Beef and Arugula Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1/2 pound sirloin, cut into 2"x1/8" strips
1-2 bunches arugula, well washed
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons shoyu
2 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 cup water
1. Stir-fry the beef in a pan with 2 teaspoons of oil over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes or until browned.
2. With tongs or a fork, remove beef, allowing excess oil to drip off, set aside.
3. With remaining oil, stir-fry onion and garlic for a few minutes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. In a serving bowl mix together the fresh arugula and the bell pepper mixture.
5. In a small bowl combine shoyu, tamari, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of water. Place in a skillet and cook on medium heat until sauce. Return the beef to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, just to warm up the beef.
6. Add the beef to the serving bowl with the arugula and bell peppers. Mix and serve warm.