Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 Hours
Bones and leftover meat.
Water to cover
1 Tbs Grape seed oil ( or other high smoke-point oil).
2 TbsWhite vinegar
4-6 cloves garlic
1/2" sliced ginger
Juice of one lemon.
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Chopped Carrots, celery, herbs to taste.
1. Peel garlic, chop onions, slice ginger and chop other vegetables.
2. Juice lemon
3. Heat oil
in stock pot.
4. add onions and garlic and saute till translucent.
5. add bones and other ingredients.
6. Cover with water.
7. Bring to boil and immediately reduce heat to low.
Once lowered the heat should be so low that only a few bubbles rise at a time.
8. allow to simmer for 4-8 hours.
9. Occasionally skin off surface oil and scum with a spoon.
10. When done remove and strain into a container.
11. Salt and pepper to taste. Can also add more fresh lemon juice.
Bone broths will keep for several days in the refrigerator or for a few weeks in the fridge.
Bone broths are a great stock for soups, steaming rice and cous cous.
Health Benefits of bone broth.
Bone broth is good for
Cold, flu, sore throat
Digestive problems, including inflammatory bowel disease
Many other health conditions