Brown Rice and Raisin Pudding
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 1/2 cups firm tofu
2/3 cup raisins
1 cup rice milk or soymilk
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon kuzu, dissolved in
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Purée milk substitute, tofu, maple syrup, spices, dissolved kuzu and vanilla in a food processor.
3. Pour the purée into an oiled 1 1/2 quart baking dish; mix in brown rice and raisins; bake for 1 hour.
4. Remove the pudding from the oven, sprinkle with more cinnamon and bake 10 minutes longer.
5. Serve the pudding warm or at room temperature. Rice pudding becomes firmer as it cools.
Use dried cranberries instead of raisins.