Coconut Date Cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 15-25 cookies Ingredients:
6-7 dried pitted dates
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 tablespoon nutmeg
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Soak dates in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Put all ingredients including dates in the soaking water in a blender. Blend into dough.
4. Form little balls and smash them into cookies. Place them on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Turn them over and bake for 10 more minutes.