Curry Lentils with Wild Rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
1TBS Grape seed oil
2 TBS Chopped onion
1 Cup lentils, soaked and drained.
3 Cups Water
1 Can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
3-4 cloves garlic diced.
1 Cup Long grain and wild rice.
2 tsp Ginger.
juice of one lemon.
1/4 Cup fresh cilantro
1. Heat oil in pot.
2. add onions and garlic and heat till translucent.
3. add drained lentils, rice and water.
4. cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and continue cooking covered for 10 minutes.
5. Add all other ingredients except lemon juice and cilantro. stir well and continue to simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro.