Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 1/2 pounds of mangoes
1 1/2 cups of soy or rice milk
2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
1. Peel the ripe mangoes and slice the flesh off the stone, reserving some slices for decoration.
2. Purée the remaining mango in a blender and pass through mesh strainer.
3. Heat the milk near to boiling over med-low heat. Meanwhile, mix the arrowroot with a little water in a bowl.
4. Remove the milk from heat and add arrowroot mixture, stirring until the mixture thickens. Leave to cool.
5. Combine mango purée, arrowroot custard and sweetener. Spoon into individual bowls and chill.
6. Serve garnished with slices of fresh mango and a slice of lime.