Winter Squash Stew
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
• 1 winter squash, seeded, peeled, chopped (butternut, acorn, pumpkin, delicata)
• 1 onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• veggie or chicken stock •
2 teaspoons curry powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1. Sauté finely minced onion and minced garlic in a splash of olive oil.
2. Place squash in a pot and fill with stock until just covered, then add spices, garlic and onion.
3. Boil until tender.
4. Mash or blend in blender until smooth and return to the pot to heat through.
Variations: You can add chopped, fresh cilantro or parsley, and/or toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish.